Sitting on a chair is always comfy and cozy. But it has the most adverse effects such as heart diseases, diabetes, obesity, back pain and more. Instead, if you sit on an imaginary chair, the effects are contrary. You will gain lot of benefits to your body. Sounds interesting, right? Chair pose or Utkatasana is powerful posture which composes many bodily merits. Let’s hop on to know more about it.
Yoga is a way to freedom. By its constant practice, we can free ourselves from fear, anguish and loneliness. – Indra Devi
How to do Chair Pose?
- Up your hands to the front so that your palms are facing down.
- Do not bend your elbows and keep your hands straight parallel to the ground.
- Now slowly bend your knees to a quarter-bend position and down your back like you are sitting on a chair.
- Hold on to the position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Initially you would withstand in the position only to less seconds. On doing, you can grip to longer seconds.
Benefits of Chair Pose:
- This pose is good for your hips, spine and chest muscles as it exercises them
- It strengthens lower back and torso.
- Muscles in the knee, the ankles, and the thighs get a good stretch and becomes strong.
- Abdominal organs gets good massage and helps in proper functioning.
- The tush part’s weight can be reduced on doing this aasana.
- Gives a good balance to the body.
- Refreshes mind
Just a 1 minute posture can bestow you with lots of health benefits. Don’t forget to do it daily. Let’s spend just 60 seconds for our body’s well-being!