Yoga is a way to freedom. By its constant practice, we can free ourselves from fear, anguish and loneliness. – Indra Devi
Just a 1 minute posture can bestow you with lots of health benefits. Don’t forget to do it daily. Let’s spend just 60 seconds for our body’s well-being!
How to do Chair Pose?
- Up your hands to the front so that your palms are facing down.
- Do not bend your elbows and keep your hands straight parallel to the ground.
- Now slowly bend your knees to a quarter-bend position and down your back like you are sitting on a chair.
- Hold on to the position for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Initially you would withstand in the position only to less seconds. On doing, you can grip to longer seconds.
Benefits of Chair Pose:
- This pose is good for your hips, spine and chest muscles as it exercises them
- It strengthens lower back and torso.
- Muscles in the knee, the ankles, and the thighs get a good stretch and becomes strong.
- Abdominal organs gets good massage and helps in proper functioning.
- The tush part’s weight can be reduced on doing this aasana.
- Gives a good balance to the body.
- Refreshes mind